Nurse Tim Webinar of the Month
August . ...Nursing Theory: Making it Real for Graduate and Undergraduate Students...
Donna Taliaferro, RN, PhD, COI
Webinar Link: Nurse Tim Webinar for August. This can be accessed with your email address and subscription code: phipi
Nursing is an evidence-based practice discipline. Nursing knowledge is grounded in the art and science of philosophy, theory, and ethics integrated with the practice setting. Conceptual models and theories guide a disciplined response to reflection, integration, and an exploration of various theories related to practice. The rapid evolution of healthcare requires development of theory-based practice models to improve patient outcomes. Advancement of nursing theory and evidence-based practice must be integrated into nursing education programs.
- Discuss how theory-based practice improves patient care.
- Describe how nursing is conceptualized in theory.
- Evaluate the role of middle range theories, grand theories, and practice theories within nursing care.
- Describe strategies to successfully integrate concepts of nursing theory into the undergraduate and graduate curriculum.
Going Global: A Vacation Alternative for Nurses
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 ... 7:00pm CDT
What are your next steps as a nurse?
For some it is a degree. For some it is a promotion. For some it is a new job all together. Regardless of where you are headed, there is something you can do professionally that will grow you as a nurse and make you stand out amongst your peers.
TAKE A VACATION. But not just any vacation, a vacation with a PURPOSE!
When you take part in a Global Health Experience, you get to stand shoulder to shoulder with professionals from other cultures while meeting the needs of some of the poorest people on the planet. You get to make a difference while simultaneously boosting your career through growing your critical thinking and communication abilities. You get to develop yourself personally as you are challenged to humbly serve in a way that you never have before. In this session we will share with you what to expect when you TAKE A VACATION with a PURPOSE.
1. Describe the value of a Global Health Experience to students and professionals.
2. Analyze personal professional knowledge, skills, & attitudes that can be developed by taking part in a Global Health Experience. Worth 1 ANCC Contact Hour Register HereNurseTim, Inc. is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.